Thursday, March 1, 2012

{day 1 - lunch}


{lunch}
I didn't plan ahead and prepare a lunch...so I had to scrounge up what I could at work {I nanny}. I found a can of tuna {since I'm not giving that up - yay!} in their pantry so I decided to make a tuna sandwich. I opted to not put mayo in {which is not unusual for me, actually}...but wanted to put 'more' in to give it extra flavor. At home, I cut up pickles {I do NOT like relish...don't ask me why} but they didn't have any. They did, however, have an onion...so I decided to give that a shot. I like the 'crunchiness' of the pickles...so I figured the onion would solve that. They also had grape tomatoes in the fridge, so I figured, why not?! :) Also, I found a spring mix salad bag...so I used that as well. It even sounds strange to me...but I think my sandwich turned out well. It could have used some extra flavoring, I think...I was wondering if guacamole would work (sounds strange, but I've heard it's good in tuna} so I will give that a go sometime. I also had a friend suggest mustard.

They had apples - so I ate one of those and I found a thing of Stonyfield yogurt {that was organic}...but then I read the expiration was in October of 2011...so I put it back in the fridge. :) I also had some Sargento string cheese. 

It's about 3 hours after lunch and I'm still not feeling hungry so it has held me over well. Overall, it wasn't the best 'meal' I've made...but it was edible...so that's good. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting