Saturday, March 3, 2012

{day 3}


{lunch}

I had someone recommend tuna with guacamole and to be honest...I thought they were smoking something! {my nice way of saying they're crazy :)} however, since I'm being all crazy this month and giving up meats {with the exception of tuna, of course}, I thought I'd give it a shot. I was genuinely surprised at how much I liked it! {Side note - I'm finding myself 'genuinely surprised' at the number of foods I've prepared that I originally thought would be weird/gross...but they turn out to be good!}

My sis makes her own guacamole just by buying the avocados and adding a bit of stuff to them. I tried to go that route {and need to ask if there's some trick to it?!} because I could NOT get my avocado to get all mushy! It was not cooperating. But it worked out well to just cut it up into chunks and add it to my tuna. I put no mayo in the tuna - just added the chunks of avocado, tomato and green onion. Yep, DELISH! Personally, I think the added ingredients were enough to give it flavor without needing the added fat of the mayo {but I've been known to open a can of tuna and just eat it with a fork...so I might be alone on this one!}  I ate it on white bread {would have preferred wheat...but white was all we had.}


Easy. and yet yummy.

{dinner}
Ok. Confession - I had EVERY intention of eating spaghetti squash for dinner; however, my brother in law ordered pizza for dinner and was so proud of himself for ordering one I could eat {meatless - cheese and black olives}...so I didn't want to hurt his feelings and decline. :) The things we do for those we love! {I mean, come on, it was so painful to eat pizza! :)}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting