Friday, March 16, 2012

{thankful for freezers}

I just wanted to take a brief moment to say that I'm so thankful for such a thing as a freezer! :) I generally take the time every weekend to prepare a cup or two of quinoa and get it ready for the next week {I make my quinoa porridge and then separate it into single serving baggies, yes baggies and stick it in the freezer}. As well, when I prepare multiple person meals as I have been {like my eggplant parmesan for instance}, I automatically separate some servings and freeze them since I know I won't be able to eat all of it before it goes bad. Plus, who wants to eat eggplant parmesan 7 days in a row anyways?! This week has been INCREDIBLY BUSY as far as work is concerned {I probably shouldn't even be taking time to blog...but I figured I'd take a couple minutes to write this while my food is heating up}. Since I've had little time to prepare 'fresh' foods, I've been using my frozen foods and it's been so helpful! I've been able to keep up my healthy eating and still be as busy as I've been! Before this experiment, I probably would have been at McD's letting them prepare my food for me...so I'm thankful I haven't resorted to that! Now I'm just ready for this busy-ness to be over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting