Monday, March 26, 2012

{take that, McDonald's!}

Tonight's treat? Sweet potato fries. :) 



I had absolutely no recipe whatsoever...I just knew I had a sweet potato and needed/wanted something to do with it. So basically, I cut it up into french-fry sized pieces, covered the pieces with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stuck them in the oven, pre-heated to 350. I baked them for 30 minutes, then flipped them over and baked them another 30 minutes. Baking time depends on your preference {do you like your fries soft and gooey or not?!} Personally, my favorite french fries are the soft, gooey ones...so these were *perfect* for me! The salt added a nice touch with the sweetness of the sweet potato...a perfect blend of sweet and salty! I thought these were perfect! :)

{sorry I didn't make the picture prettier...it's late and I'm tired....I just pulled them out of the oven, snapped a picture, am writing this up...then I'm going to bed!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting