Monday, March 12, 2012

{week 2 recap}

So...I didn't post at all last week. :( The thing is, I was out of town for work {we left Monday evening and came back on Friday evening} so I a.} didn't have much time to blog and b.} didn't have much to blog about.

As far as the 'recap' goes. Well, I ate vegetarian all week...but everything was from restaurants. When we travel {for work - as a nanny}, I am limited in what I can do/where we eat. I enjoyed a vegetarian quesadilla from Moes a couple times {I also learned that their meats are all grass fed/cage free...so guess where I'll be frequenting when I am back to eating meat?!}. One night, we ate at a seafood place {we were in Charleston - on the coast of SC if you don't know...but you probably do...so seafood places are EVERYWHERE}. Anywho, we were at a seafood place and I REALLY {and I mean REALLY} wanted to get the shrimp and grits {thank heavens I didn't give up fish! - shrimp counts haha}...but it had sausage in it...so I refrained. My tastebuds are still saddened that I didn't get to enjoy that deliciousness {yes. I'm southern. I love grits}...but I'll make it back to Charleston at some point and will most definitely get it then! We also ate at Wild Wings one night {a wings/hamburger/steak kinda place} and my boss ordered these potato appetizers. I hadn't had them before {forget the actual name} so I didn't know what to expect. Basically, they cut the potatoes in half and scoop out a teeny bit of the inside and fill that with bacon and then cover it with cheese and cook it. I ALMOST ATE MEAT!!! AHHHH!!! Thank goodness, the first bite I took just had potato and cheese. For the second bit, I happened to look down just before I put it in my mouth and saw the meat! hehe. So I just scraped the meat out and ate the rest. I'm sure the waitress thought I was psychotic. ;)
This weekend - I made Eggplant Parmesan. I am going to blog about that shortly {separate post}. I actually REALLY liked it. {shocking!}. I also made a taco salad version of quinoa that I am now in love with...and will tell you more about that later as well. Blogging about recipes takes time, peeps! :) 
I started a fitness bootcamp today {i'm telling ya, if I haven't lost pounds by the end of this month...well...I don't know what i'll do...but it won't be pretty! ;)}. In preparation for waking up at 4 in the morning {yes. I said 4}, I boiled some eggs yesterday to have those to snack on {before bootcamp and then probably throughout the day}. I also bought two jars of pickles as I remember from Weight Watchers that 1 cup of pickles is worth 1 point...so they're a good snack food. Now, I'll tell you, mine are just the regular Vlassic pickles....I didn't buy the organic/healthy ones. Yes, those exist. :) My sister buys those...and truthfully, I just wasn't a fan of the taste!
So that's my weekly recap. Stay tuned for those recipes. I'll get them, eventually! :)

2 comments:

Genna said...

I love reading all your recipes but I seriously don't know if I could go without meat for a month!

tclark said...

Those pickles are bad for you... Go to whole foods and find some better ones!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting